Our body needs basically 7 types of nutrients for overall development of the human body. Nutrients such as Carbohydrates, Proteins, Water, Fiber, Vitamins, Minerals, Fats.
If present in sufficient proportions, then are beneficial for the development and growth of the human body, whereas excess of it can cause various health related problems overtime.
Nutrients provide energy to human body.They helps reduce the risk of heart related diseases and other diseases such as diabetes, strokes, and some cancers.
- Reduce high blood pressure.
- Lower high cholesterol
- Improve ability to fight diseases
- Increase energy levels.
Nutrients are not available in our body; they depend largely on the food we consume on daily basis. Also sometimes our body may not absorb the necessary nutrients that are essential for the body which causes deficiency.
The deficiencies caused by the lack of nutrients in the body are;
- Iron deficiency Iron deficiency is the most common and widespread deficiency all over the world, which can lead to anemia. It is a blood disorder that can cause Fatigue, weakness and a variety of other symptoms.
- The iron deficiency can be overcome by having the following items in the daily diet;
- Lean red meat
- Food rich in vitamin C
- Vitamin A deficiency It plays an important role in strengthening the immune system against infectious diseases. The lack of Vitamin A causes Blindness in children. In order to provide higher amount of
- Vitamin A following food having high amount of Vitamin A should be included in your diet;
- Green vegetables
- Reddish- yellow fruits
- Vitamin B1 deficiency Lack of Vitamin B1 can cause
- Weight loss
- Memory loss
- Its deficiency can be overcome by having the following food in your diet
- Vitamin B3 deficiency Its symptoms include diarrhea, dementia and skin disorders. Its deficiency can be overcome by taking necessary supplements.
- Vitamin B 9 deficiency Vitamin B 9 helps in making the Red blood Cells and the DNA in the body. It is important in developing a child’s brain and spinal cord. The Vitamin B 9 can be obtained from the following food items;
- Whole grains
- Leafy green vegetables
- Grain products
During pregnancy women must consume enough Vitamins B9 for a healthy delivery. It also helps prevent birth defects.
- Vitamin B 12 deficiency Vitamin B 12 helps in producing healthy Red blood cells in the body. Vitamin deficiency is common in people who are
- Age above 60 years
- Have diabetes
- Lack intrinsic factor
- A deficiency can cause Anemia.
Symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency are
- Fatigue and weakness
- Short breath
- Weight loss
- Pale skin
If the deficiency is not treated at time then it can cause irreversible damage to the nervous system.
But how do I know if I have a nutrient deficiency?
These are the following symptoms that are observed due to nutrients deficiency,
- Pale skin
- Hair loss
- Trouble breathing
- Food cravings
- Lack of concentration
Visit the site for more discount coupons.