Since the outbreak of the pandemic COVID-19, various environmental effects have been registered. There has been a severe decrease in Air pollution, Noise pollution, Water pollution, Land pollution.
The outbreak of corona virus pandemic has led to travel ban across the world. Also, the movement of the vehicles has been banned. Due to the lock-down imposed in many countries, the movement of people has also decreased, which in a way has helped in reducing the plastic waste.Read More
It has been seen that the water bodies such as lakes, rivers, oceans, has become clearer as compared to its previous conditions.
In India, rivers like The Ganges, River Yamuna, etc has become cleaner than it has ever been since past few years. Even various schemes implemented to make the river Ganges clean, has failed to do so. While, the lock-down has proved to be beneficial in helping make river Ganges clean again.
Due to the reduction in movement of vehicles, the sky can be seen more clearly. In china, there has been noted 25% reduction in carbon emission whereas 50% reduction in nitrogen emission.
In many water bodies or rivers, various aquatic animals have returned due to the reduced pollution and lesser human movement. Not only the water bodies, but many animals have taken over the roads on various cities due to no human population or no human movement.
Thus it can be concluded that, a two weeks to one month lock-down should be followed every year to maintain the environmental equilibrium.
Meditation is the journey from sound to silence, from movement to stillness, from a limited identity to unlimited space.
Meditation has been practiced since ancient times. It is the practice where an individual uses a technique like mindfulness or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought or activity, for achieving a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state of mind.
Majority of the present generation is suffering from stress, depression, mental instability and the like. People nowadays have no time for things like meditation. Everybody’s lost in their day to day lives that their mental health as well as physical health is also ignored. Meditation is one of the keys to relieve stress and maintain mental stability.
There are solely 6 types of meditations,
- Mindfulness meditation
- Spiritual meditation
- Focused meditation
- Movement meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Transcendental meditation
These practices require different skills and mindsets.
- Mindfulness meditation – it originates from the Buddhists teachings and is the most popular meditation technique in the west. In mindfulness meditation, you pay attention to your thoughts as they pass through your mind. You simply observe and take note of any patterns.
- Spiritual meditation – This meditation is used in eastern religions, such as Hinduism, Christian faith and Daoism. It is similar to prayer. It can be practiced at home or at a place of worship.
- Focused meditation – This type of meditation involves concentration using any of the five senses. Like focusing on something internal, like breathe. It can also be done by counting beads of a Mala or staring at a candle flame. This meditation is for those who requires focus in life.
- Movement meditation – it is an active form of meditation where the movement guides you. This practice may include walking through the woods, gardening, etc. it is an effective way of meditation for those who find peace in actions.
- Mantra meditation – This meditation use’s a repetitive sound to clear the mind. It can be a word, phrase or sound such as the popular “om.”
- Transcendental meditation – it is the most popular type of meditation all around the world. This practice is for those who like structure and are serious about maintaining a meditation practice.
Benefits of meditation
Meditation has the following benefits,
- Makes you feel happier
- Improves your memory
- Makes you feel more grateful
- Reduces stress
- Improves concentration
- Improves sleep
- Improves decision making
- Encourages mindfulness
- Encourages a healthy lifestyle
- Reduces back pain
- Reduces loneliness
- Helps in fighting addiction
How to meditate
Meditation can be practiced in different ways, one of the simple methods to practice meditation is as following.
- Find a quite spot
- Sit comfortably; sit cross legged on the floor if preferred.
- Focus on breathe.
- Feel the breathe going in and out
- Notice thoughts that arise
- Gently return to the breathe-calmly let the thoughts pass and come back to the present by focusing on the breathe
- Aim for 5 minutes
- Practice every day – be more concerned with making this a habit as opposed to the quality of the session.
- Make progress patiently.
Sports play a very important role in overall development of a child. Whether it is mental, physical or psychological growth.
Sports have always proved to be beneficial in development of a person. It is moreover an integral part of life. There are some important benefits of sports,
Sports help to reduce the levels of stress. They help one to deviate away from other things that may be stressing them; they are able to focus on having fun playing their favorite sport for some time.Read More
Sports also help towards the development of a healthier body, as it requires more off physical activity.
Sports also helps develop certain values as, team work, management, leadership qualities, better thinking abilities, better decision making power.
Nowadays youth is more attracted towards junk food or unhealthy food and leisure, resulting in increase of obesity among the youth creating severe health related problems. Involvement in sports helps one stay fit and active, as compared to those who believe more in leisure. It also helps a person maintain a good body shape. Those who participate in sports have a higher metabolism as compared to the lazy ones.
There are a few benefits of sports as under,
- It helps in developing greater bone strength
- It reduces anxiety and depression
- It helps improve physical fitness
- It helps develop physical skills
- It reduces stress
- Greatly improves brain functioning
- Improves concentration
- Reduce obesity rates
- Improves memory
- Teaches important life skills to students
- Makes children feel valued.